Thursday, May 27, 2010

Very Vocal Showcase 2010: Interview with Katelyn Borle

I recently had the opportunity to sit down with Katelyn Borle to talk about singing and her upcoming performance at the Very Vocal Showcase 2010.

Paula: How long have you been singing?
Katelyn: I’ve been with Very Vocal for four years but I’ve been singing a lot longer than that.

P: Why do you sing?
K: It’s a great way to express myself. It’s just fun!

P: What kind of music do you like to sing?
K: More pop-rock

P: What are your musical influences?
K: I’ve recently started listening to band called Paramor. They are quite entertaining.

P: What is it like taking lessons with Kate at Very Vocal Music Studios?
K: It’s fun.

P: How long have you be performing at the showcase?
K:This is my 3rd year.

P: What do you get from performing at the showcase?
K: Lots of experience. Singing with a band is difficult.

P: What is the difference between singing in your lessons and singing for the show?
K: It’s a lot harder. You have to really know the lyrics completely. I can hear myself more and how I sound.

P: Can people expect to from you at the show?
K: Very different songs from last year. I used to singing younger songs. I’m singing songs that are more my age this year.

Check out Katelyn at rehearsal preparing for Very Vocal Showcase 2010!

1 comment:

  1. Nice interview.

    Thanks for the insight and the preview of what's to come at the showcase

    ReplyDelete