Thursday, May 13, 2010

AI: Songs of the Cinema. I want to hear from you! What songs should have been sang?

After watching the Tuesday performances and the result show last night, I thought I would do some quick investigation on the song choices the contestants had for this week’s show. I had thought some of the choices were odd and it left me wondering what I would choose.

I found the list of available songs on another American Idol blog, which apparently was posted on iTunes. I tried to locate the list myself and found out it is content not available to the Canadian store, which I don’t really understand. I haven’t been able to find one of these songs that aren’t downloadable on iTunes here in Canada.

If this was the list the contestants were given, it explains about some of the bizarre song choices from this week. It would have been a hard choice for sure.

So given my choice, what would I have sang? Luckily, I would have had a couple of options. As much as I actually know and like “Separate Lives” by Phil Collins and Marilyn Martin, I think it would have been too much of an obscure song to sing. It would have been a tossup between “Can’t Fight the Moonlight” by LeAnn Rimes and probably Crystal’s choice of “I’m Alright” by Kenny Loggins, although I doubt I could have been as cool as her. Kenny is the king of movie music after all!

Check out all the choices at:
http://mjsbigblog.com/american-idol-9-top-4-songs-of-the-cinema.htm

There is a lot of great movie music out there.

So, challenge time…let me know - what songs do you think should have been on this list?

No comments:

Post a Comment