Saturday, May 22, 2010

Ups and downs of following the charts

This is my third week since I submitted "Gypsy Soul" to the OurStage.com charts. It's been an interesting time letting people hear a song that is very dear to my heart.



I've seen the song rise to as high as #3 on the Country Chart and sink as low as #85. The Lilith Fair contest hasn't been quite as successful. I think my best showing was #33. As I write this, #77 and #49 respectively.



I have a new found respect for artists who write put their heart into a song for the world to listen and appreciate. It's not easy letting something you created and hold dear go to be whatever it's supposed to be. But it's still so very worthwhile.



Life is way too short not to put yourself out there and share what you have to give to the world.



If you are interested in seeing how "Gypsy Soul" is doing, visit my page on Ourstage.com.



Once there, stay awhile and listen to some talented people. There is some pretty cool music out there just waiting to be heard.

1 comment:

  1. It takes a lot to share yourself like that. Your song is fantastic and you can tell how much you have put into it.

    ReplyDelete