Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Eye on Idol: Results are in; Bye Bye Simon :(

Just finished watching yesterday's performance and tonight's results show. My favorite Idol blogger, Lyndsey Parker, is pretty upset with the final result.

All in all, I'm not that upset with the results. Don't get me wrong - I think Crystal is fantastic and I'll probably run out and get her album when it will definitely be released. Again, I think this is better for Crystal in the long run. Hopefully she will will be allowed to record her kind of album.

Winner aside, I was surprisingly emotional tonight. I really think this is an end of an era with the departure of Simon Cowell. Tonight was really more about Simon than the contestants, which is really too bad for the final two. I actually got a little choked up more than once while watching the who.

American Idol has been a part of my little family from the day my husband and I started dating. My hubby tuned me into this show at the 2nd season and it's been a bonding experience listening, judging and caring about these contestants. Sure, Idol is signed on for a 10th season but I will be really surprised if it goes much past season 10.

Okay, we will still have "Survivor" and "So You Think You Can Dance" to sit and debate and bond while being at home judges. But Idol was the leader in talent competition TV shows. It set the standard.

Tonight had some really cool moments. Hall and Oats were really fantastic where Barry Gibb and Chicago were horrible. I was praying they still sounded good, although we were disappointed that they didn't sing "Private Eyes." It was cool seeing Casey and Bret Michaels on stage. My boy Kris Allen sounded great and reminded us why he won - he comes across authentic and genuine.

And Carrie Underwood looked and sounded fantastic. I really wish I could sing like that one day!

Lyndsey Parker writes that the judges and producers were pushing Lee all the way to the top. Maybe that's true. I'd like to think that the winner is who America wanted.

Check out her thoughts on her latest blog post to find out more on her take on this season's results.

Goodbye Season 9. Goodbye to Simon Cowell. It's been a fun ride!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sad to see Simon go as well. Different reasons though. I liked Simon and thought he was one of the most qualified judges.

    I'm sure you will something else to bond with your hubby over

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since the first season....! That's why Kelly was one of our wedding songs! :)

    ReplyDelete