Tuesday, May 4, 2010

New Album from MercyMe! New Inspirations!

Today we have been blasted by winter. It looks like it should be December or January instead of May. I guess we were all expecting one more visit by Old Man Winter. Everyone seems a little grumpy today and I’ll have to admit, I was one of them. But then a friend of mine sent me a link to preview a new album by one of my favorite Christian bands and my spirit was lifted.

MercyMe is an amazing contemporary Christian group. Whenever I listen to them, I always feel a little better, even if my circumstances are not the best. They seem to capture in words how I’m feeling in the moment.

Here are some of my favorite songs:

  • Word of God Speak – whenever I feel a little bit overwhelmed and weary and can’t seem to handle things one my own, this song really captures how much I need help from God. I love singing it too.

  • Spoken For - another really great song that reminds how no matter what, I have been spoken for by God. I love it!

  • I Can Only Imagine – even thinking about this song brings tears to my eyes. I can actually feel what it would be like when I finally meet Jesus. Let the tears flow! And the dancing! These are good tears of joy!




  • Shine On – this song reminds me that we are here to shine the light of Jesus on the world by helping people. I confess that I do feel a bit guilty sometimes that I’m not doing enough. It’s a good reminder to show God’s love.

  • Homesick – This song talks about what it’s like to lose someone you love. It did inspire one line in Gypsy Soul. It is the line about even if I understood why my sister passed away, it wouldn’t help. Again, they captured my pain and grief completely. It’s amazing how comforting that is.




  • Keep Singing –Along with Homesick, this song is what prodded me to keep going, keep singing and that God was the only way I was going to make it through this very difficult time. And again, more tears.


And now, a new album is released today! I can’t wait to pick it up! In the meantime, you too can preview the album at:



Or checkout MercyMe's Channel on YouTube!

No comments:

Post a Comment