Friday, May 14, 2010

Our Stage: Top 6 on the Country Charts! OMG!

Discovering the Lilith Fair contest and the Our Stage website has been an interesting ride. It is just a small chart but I’m starting to get a glimmer of what it would be like to have a song go commercial and see how people enjoy what your music.

Lilith Fair Update:
This whole thing started with stumbling upon the contest to perform locally on the Lilith Fair stage. It was a “what the heck” moment to upload Gypsy Soul onto the site. Watching the song go up and down on the charts was fun. During the first weekend, my husband and I did some voting for the contest. There is some really good talent out there!

I know we could have voted strategically, voting the “best” songs the worst, but that really isn’t fair. And who wants to win like that anyway? Besides, I have too much respect for people who are out there trying to get heard. I can honestly say the songs that I really liked deserved to be on my best list. I’m really excited to see who will win!

So how has “Gypsy Soul” competed? The song went as high as 33 out of over 149 entries in the standings and I think that is amazing. I’m consistently hovering around the 75 – 89 mark.
So onto the REAL exciting stuff!

Top 3 in Country Standings? Really? Me?
This is the super cool part!

When submitting the entry for Lilith Fair, I could put my song on one of the OurStage channels. I chose the country channel as it seemed the best fit for the song.

About a week ago, I’m logging into OurStage to see how I was doing in the contest, and the page says “Currently 3 in Country.” I think I fell off my chair! Seriously? Wow.

The song has moved up and down on the charts since then. It was in the top 10 for a long time and as of this entry, is now sitting at 17 in the standings.

OurStage Country Chart – Number 6!
There are is also a Charts Listing and for the week of May 9th, “Gypsy Soul” is number 6!

Penny, my sister who inspired the song, always wanted me to do SOMETHING with it and made me promise to try after she was gone. I had always felt like I had let her down. The fact that people out there have heard the song and like it, makes it feel like Penny is close again and that is the most amazing gift from this experience.

This has been a humbling and exhilarating experience. Thanks to anyone who has voted. I cannot wait to sing this song live on June 25 at Festival Place.

If you want to see how “Gypsy Soul” is doing, check out my OurStage page at:
http://www.ourstage.com/tracks/KKOXKIMYTQIF-gypsy-soul

No comments:

Post a Comment