Friday, May 21, 2010

Suzie McNeil: I finally have Live Acoustic.

The "Suzie McNeil" theme this week continues for another blog entry. I have been waiting to get my hands on the the latest CD, "Live Acoustic" for a while now. I preordered the CD and I was waiting for it to arrive in my mailbox.

I came home from night class last night to find it waiting for me. I quickly loaded it onto my iPod. I always have my iPod playing at work and today will be a treat of listening to the album.

So far, I'm not disappointed. Suzie is one of those artists that sounds just as good live as she does in the recording studio. It was recorded during her tour with my other favorite artist, Colin James. My husband and I took in the show when it was in Edmonton. I couldn't resist my concert "dream team."

I'm always interested in how artists mix and change things up in songs and live albums are great for providing tracks like these. The album has a great version of my favorites "Believe" and a very cool acoustic version of "Supergirl."

Fans will also be treated with some of the songs she sang and was very successful with on "INXS:Rock Star." including a fantastic version of "Son of a Preacher Man" and a medley including "Bohemian Bohemian Rhapsody." There are four new bonus tracks and I can't wait to take a closer listen.

You can still get a signed copy of the latest album at Maple Music or download the tracks on iTunes. Personally, I'm a little old school when it comes to purchasing complete albums. I like having the CD in hand and reading liner notes to see who has worked on the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment