Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Year of the Dragon, #project365

Chinese New Year is fast approaching, and 2012 is the Year of the Dragon. At the ice festival last weekend, there were several sculpture with a Chinese theme. In my opinion, they were probably the coolest sculptures there, apart from the ice slide. Unfortunately, Edmonton had been in a warm trend when the festival was on and they were having troubles preserving the sculptures.

I thought I would try taking some HDR shots of ice. I wasn't sure how it would turn out with the translucent and reflective surface. While they don't have the depth and texture of other HDR shots, it was fun to experiment. My only wish is that we were there a little bit later in the day so the colours would pop in the darker light.

No comments:

Post a Comment