Thursday, March 1, 2012

Tossed Out, #project 365

We try to go to two or three Edmonton Oiler's games a year. February 29 was our second game this season. It's pretty fun to hang out with my husband and enjoy the game.

This year, we've bought a seats from a coworker of my husband. I love the location. You can pretty much see the entire ice.

I've always had a favorite player and traditionally, they have been defensemen for some reason. I'm not really sure why. Back in the hey day, it was Kevin Lowe. In the early 2000's, it was (unbelievably) Bori Mironov. I'm not even sure why.

However, once we got Ryan Smyth, my allegiance changed. He was such a good ambassador on and off the ice, which is partly why I loved Kevin Lowe. I was heartbroken when he was traded and elated when he returned. Yesterday, the hockey club was celebrating was his 800 NHL career point.

Unfortunately, it was also a game where he hit an opponent from behind and got a game misconduct. It's too bad; Smytty is not that type of player. But it was disappointing that I only got to see him play half a game.

We lost but it was still fun.

Yesterday was also a good reminder that in photography, there is always something to learn. Scott Kelby is one of my photography idols. He tweeted yesterday that he's had some opportunity to shoot some NHL games, and is learning a lot.

It's a good reminder that even professional have more to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment