Sunday, March 11, 2012

Living the Dream, #project365

Last night was the Joe in Jasper gig at D'ed Dog Bar. It was so much fun! The crowd was great and it was such a good time. Three of my songs went really well; the fourth not so much. We are definitely cutting it from the repertoire. Well, as a musician friend once told me, sometimes you have to say 'What the !@#$.' The inner critic finds that a hard thing to do but I'm working on it.

The perfectionist side of me won't let me have a drink while the gig is on; I'd be too afraid of losing coordination but afterwards, I wasn't quite ready to just go home. We went out for a couple of drinks afterwards and came home. When I say a couple, I mean I had four and that was enough for me. I think we went to bed around four am.

While I don't think I could do gigs like this every weekend, I definitely want to do this more. It was a lot of fun and I have learned a ton and want to keep on learning.

I really am grateful to Gary and the band for taking me under their wing. It means a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment