Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Never Say Never, #project365

I've had the opportunity to do some gigging with some amazing guys. Most of the gigs have been at the Hope Mission. My digital piano is a behemoth. I can't lift it myself and it's huge. I'm either borrowing a keyboard from one of the guys or using the little keyboard at Hope.

So I've been on the lookout for a "cheap" keyboard. I don't gig enough to justify spending huge amounts of money. I did have some must haves though. It had to be light enough that I could lug it around. It had to be midi capable so I could hook up my iPad or connect it to my other piano. It couldn't cost a fortune.

And the music snob in me said I will absolutely never buy a Casio.

Well, I learnt that you should never say never. I'd been eyeing a really cool Akai keyboard that actually had an iPad dock right in it, However, it's not approved by apple and probably not available in Edmonton for six months. I could order it from B&H when it is released but at a premium.

So this keyboard caught my eye. It's super light weight and got really good reviews for its tones and sounds. The price was right and it is midi capable. And I could get it now in time for a rehearsal this weekend.

And it's a Casio. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment