Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Post Concert Blues :(

It’s been post concert week and I’ll have to confess, I’m feeling a bit lost.

In addition with working full time, this winter and spring was busy with part-time, night classes for my Public Relations Diploma as well as getting ready for the showcase. School was finished at the beginning of the month. The showcase was the last big commitment that took up a lot of my time.

With everything wrapped up, I’m finding now that I’m a mixture of being exhausted and needing to recoup; having no energy to do anything and wondering what to do with my time.

I’m also a little sad. Even though preparation for the showcase was busy, it is my major performance activity for the year beyond my involvement with worship at Church. Again, it’s like Christmas; done again for another year. It does leave me wondering what else I could be doing with music. I think I’m addicted to the adrenaline rush of being busy.

The upcoming long weekend will probably be good for me.

All that being said, tomorrow is Canada Day and Renaissance Community Church is hosting a community pancake breakfast. For the first time, the worship team is involved. If it’s nice out, and it’s supposed to be, we are going to be doing a couple of sets during the breakfast. From the number of songs, it looks like each set will be about 45 minutes.

And the song list! LOVE it! We will be doing some of my favorite worship songs that just fill me up and I completely love. I won’t be singing but I’m playing keys and it’s going to be so much fun. It should be a fantastic morning! I’m pretty excited.

It starts at 10 am until noon at 11525-23 Avenue if anyone wants to come celebrate the day!

1 comment:

  1. When you are busy for that long, your body gets into the routine of being perpetualy in motion and doesn't know how to slow down.

    Even on days off, I have a hard time not getting up at 4 am because my body is used to it. It takes time to unwind and get back into a "normal" routing.

    Winter and Spring was estremely busy for you and that became the "normal" routine. Relax and unwind, it will take time, but it will come.

    ReplyDelete