Sunday, April 25, 2010

Song behind Gypsy Soul

So here is the song I wrote. I'm a mixture of excitement and nerves today. It's my first rehearsal for our Very Vocal Showcase at Festival Place. My set this year is about things that inspire me and I've chosen to include Gypsy Soul.

I've never heard this played with a full band before. My good friend Ian helped write the music behind the words and he arranged to help me record this with a friend of his who basically did all the instrumental. This will be the first time a whole band has played it. I'm a little nervous as to how it will turn out and what the musicians think about it!

Come out to to Festival Place on June 25th to hear it live for the first time! Tickets through Ticketmaster or better yet, contact me and I'll get them to you (and avoid those ugly service fees!)


For a small taste, here are the words and the recording of Gypsy Soul!



Words By Paula Kreba, Music By Ian Magnasson

You lived your life with eyes wide open
Seeing the good in everything
Living just to love others, Never asking for anything.


You always gave everything you had
Never wanting anything back
See it in the lives you touched, ¬Making dreams come true


Chorus:

[And] Now your gypsy soul is free
Up where the angels roam
And in the wind I hear you whisper (call) to me
Saying follow your heart, follow your dreams
Follow your gypsy soul

Life isn’t always good and it’s hardly ever fair
But it never kept you down
You made the most, Of everything, everything you got


[Repeat Chorus]

And maybe someday I’ll understand why, You couldn’t stay and had to go
I know it won’t take the pain away, But we’ll meet again someday, someday


[Last Chorus]

4 comments:

  1. I love this song...let's make an album!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful song Paula! I can't wait to hear it at your concert :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula...what an amazing song! It`s not often that a song can move to to tears, but this did! Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys. First rehearsal Was so much fun! It brought me to tears when the guys played the song for the first time! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete