Monday, March 28, 2011

A wee bit of encouragement

Today was a pretty good day. I'm not quite sure why it was so positive. I have lots of little details to take care of for an upcoming trade show, which sometime makes the day drag a bit. Not today though.

Had a really great conversation with a coworker today about goal setting and struggles with weight. I was encouraging to talk with someone who has been there and successful at achieving progress. It was also a reminder that this is probably a life ling journey. It guess I have to come to terms with that.

Right after that conversation, I went to my voice lesson and was also reminded that while I may be struggling in one area, I've made strides in others. Work is heading in a really positive direction and I have lots of potential for growth. I have a wonderful marriage and a home that I feel blessed to be in every single day. It was another source of encouragement.

And that wasn't even the lesson! It's funny how the Lord can send you these little sources of light if you are just open to receive them.

My lesson itself was really good too. I've been struggling with recovery from bronchitis for four weeks or so. It was the first time I felt I could sing without my voice feeling all gummy and coated. It was a lot of fun and I'm back to being excited about the concert again. I really think the set is going to be challenging and fun and really representative of what I love to sing. I can't wait!

It's been a really good day. Found out my 40th year is shared by Nathon Fillion today. He tweeted that be prefers to think of it as Nathon 4.0. I like that. Maybe becoming Paula 4.0 might not be too bad. :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment